By default, iTunes or iCloud will sync your contacts in bulk, with little control over the process, and no export options.
With iMazing, it becomes easy to transfer contacts from your iPhone to your computer, or the other way around – sharing contacts securely, without syncing, and outside of the cloud can be done in just a few clicks.
iMazing supports exporting contacts to:
- Mac Contacts app
- Windows Contacts
It also supports exporting to the following file formats:
- vCard – standard format for electronic business card.
- CSV – format compatible with Excel, Numbers, or Sheets.
Who is this guide for?
Anyone who wants to transfer or backup their contacts to their computer, or to an external drive.
Before you begin
Download and install iMazing on your Mac or PC computer
To transfer iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch contacts to your computer:
- Launch iMazing and connect your device.
- In the left sidebar, select Contacts. To view your most recent contacts, you may need to refresh your data.
If this is your first time connecting your device, iMazing will initiate a backup to pull your contacts.
- Select the contact(s) you want to export.
- In the bottom toolbar, click one of the Export buttons. This will open a save panel dialog box.
- In the dialog box, select where you want to export your files, and click Choose.
💡 Tip: Use the CTRL/Command, or SHIFT keys to select multiple contacts, or messages.*
What to keep in mind
In iMazing's preferences you can:
- change the Data Export delimiter for .csv exports to Comma, Tab, or Semicolon.
- adjust vCard export settings for exporting multiple contacts: output multiple vCard files containing one contact each, or a single aggregated vCard.
- Mac: iMazing > Preferences… > Other Data
- Windows: Edit > Preferences… > Other Data