Every time you make or receive a phone or FaceTime call, your iPhone records the date, the time, who was on the call, and its duration.
This history of your calls, known as your Call Log, is only partially accessible on your phone: the 100 last calls can be viewed by selecting the 'Recents' tab of the Phone app. In contrast, iMazing lets you browse and extract your entire call history, including FaceTime calls made with your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
With iMazing, you can easily save your call logs to your Mac or PC computer in the following formats:
- TXT – raw text format.
- CSV – format compatible with Excel, Numbers, or Sheets.
Who is this guide for?
Anyone who wants to:
- Easily save their call history to their computer, or to an external drive.
- Export their call history for invoicing, forensics, or legal purposes.
- Maintain a call log going back further than 100 calls.
Before you begin
Download and install iMazing on your Mac or PC computer
To export your call history to your computer:
- Launch iMazing and connect your device.
- In the left sidebar, select Phone > Call History. To view your most recent calls, you may need to refresh your data.
If this is your first time connecting your device, iMazing will initiate a backup of your device to pull your call history, this can take a while
- Select the contact(s) whose call history you want to export.
By default, iMazing will export the entire call history from the selected contact(s). If you only want to export specific calls, select them now.
- In the bottom toolbar, click one of the Export buttons. This will open a save panel dialog box.
- In the dialog box, select where you want to export your files, then click Choose.
💡 Tip: Use the CTRL/Command, or SHIFT keys to select multiple contacts, or messages.
What to keep in mind
If you want to transfer your call history to a new iPhone, you'll need to create a backup of the old phone, then restore that backup to the new phone.