iMazing's Transfer to another Device feature is a simple way to move data from one device to another, just like when restoring a backup, but with the added bonuses of being able to do it all in one go, and of customizing which content is transferred.
This is particularly useful in the following scenarios:
- Migrate all your data when you upgrade your phone.
- Start fresh on a new device, but keep your contacts and messages.
- Transfer apps only to a family iPod Touch or iPad that your kids will use.
- Simultaneously copy data to multiple iPads you manage for a class you teach.
Before you begin
Download and install iMazing on your Mac or PC computer
To transfer data from an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to another devce:
- Launch iMazing and connect both of your devices.
- In the left sidebar, select the device with the data you want to transfer.
- In the Actions Panel, select Transfer to another Device. This will open the Transfer Wizard.
- In the wizard, click on either Customize buttons to select what data to transfer.
- Click Next.
- Select the device(s) you want to transfer the data to.
- Click Next. This will open a confirmation dialog box.
- Click Transfer to begin the data transfer.
(Optional) If backup encryption is enabled on the source device is enabled, iMazing may prompt you for the backup password. Enter the password and click OK
- iMazing will start the transfer process, first backing up the source device, then restoring that backup to the target. The target device will then restart.
Once the transfer is finished, click Done to return to the iMazing interface.
💡 Tip: Once the transfer has started, you can safely click Close Window to minimize the wizard and return to iMazing's interface.
The transfer options allow you to customize what data and apps you want to transfer.
Choose what data to transfer
Select what datasets you want to transfer.
Use the Select All checkbox to select or deselect all datasets.
The following must be transferred.
|Accounts:||Accounts are all email, contacts, calendars and other cloud service configured on your device.|
|Other Data and Preferences:||Other data and preferences are all settings, system files etc so basically all the data not related to a dataset in particular.|
Choose what apps to transfer
Choose what apps you want to transfer.
Use the Select All checkbox to select or deselect all apps.
What to keep in mind
- Transfer to another Device requires both devices to be connected to your computer.
- If you want health data to be copied across, make sure that your current backup is encrypted.
- Transferring data from one device to another may take a while. To check the operation's status, click on the Operations button in the upper toolbar (see step 9).
- Transferring data to another device will not change the target device's passcode, but will copy over the backup password if backup encryption is enabled on the source device.
- Backups do not include your iTunes Media Library (Music, iTunes U, Podcasts, Ringtones and Movies synced or purchased on iTunes), so that data will not be transferred and should be synced separately if needed. These data is usually already synced via iTunes, Apple Music or iCloud Music Library. Have a look to our Music section to transfer these data to your computer.