Install or uninstall iMazing (Mac)
iMazing is a computer application. To use iMazing, install it on your Mac or Windows PC, then connect your device via USB or Wi-Fi. There is nothing to install on your mobile device.
The Mac version of iMazing requires OS X 10.8 Lion or later.
iMazing 2 is optimized for macOS Sierra.
For Windows PC Instructions, see Install iMazing on Windows
Download and install iMazing on your Mac or PC computer
To install iMazing on your Mac computer:
- Open the folder you downloaded iMazing to (by default your Downloads folder), and double-click iMazing2forMac.dmg to launch the iMazing installer.
- Click Agree to accept the license agreement.
- Double-click the iMazing icon to start installing
- Follow the installation assistant's instructions. We recommend accepting default settings. Note that depending on your security settings, you might see the dialog box below. If you do, click Open to authorize installation.
iMazing is now available in your Applications folder or in the launchpad!
To fully uninstall iMazing from your Mac computer, you should first clear it's cache. This guarantees that besides your backups, no working files associated with iMazing will remain on your computer.:
- Launch iMazing, and in the menu bar, go to iMazing > Preferences...
- In the General tab, click Clear iMazing cache.
- In your Applications folder, locate iMazing and move it to the trash
- Uninstalling iMazing does not delete your backups from your computer. To delete your backups from your computer, see Backup Management
- Uninstalling also does not remove the pairing between your trusted devices and your computer. For more information on removing pairing, see Remove Pairing