iTunes can back up your mobile devices to a default location on your computer's system drive. But what about backing up your iPhone or iPad to an external drive or NAS? To a specific folder or partition?
iMazing not only features the tools to easily set a backup location, it also makes backing up safer by letting you keep many backups of a device at a fraction of the disk usage cost. And if needed, you can even set a different backup location for each your devices.
Before you begin
Download and install iMazing on your Mac or PC computer
To change your device's backup location:
- In the sidebar, select your device.
- In the main window, click the cogwheel icon next to your device's name. This will open the Device Options window.
- In the Device Options window, click Change Backup location.
- Select a disk, or click Choose a custom location to choose a specific folder.
- Click Done. You've set the new backup location for that device.
💡Tip: *If you select a disk, iMazing will create an *iMazing.Backups folder at the root of your drive.*
What to keep in mind
- The first time you back up a device, iMazing will automatically display backup location options.
- Changing your backup location will only affect future backups. It will not move existing backups to the new backup location.
- Changing your iMazing backup location will not affect your iTunes backups' location.